The common warning signs of magnesium deficiency are the following: heart disease, irritability, facial twitches, insomnia, osteoporosis, blood clots, unstable blood sugar levels, chronic fatigue, migraines, leg cramps, anxiety, and depression.
The regular consumption of magnesium helps in the case of Alzheimer’s, according to some experts, its deficiency in the brain may lead to Parkinson’s disease and its symptoms.
Moreover, magnesium deficiency has been linked to other chronic diseases as well, like metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. In the case of a lack of this mineral, the body releases more insulin and thus, the added glucose goes into the cells and leads to inflammation.
Therefore, it is crucial to incorporate magnesium into your diet. It can be found in dark chocolate, nuts, avocados, fish, leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach, legumes, whole grains, and seeds.
Furthermore, you can also take magnesium supplements, but make sure you use high-quality ones. You should make sure your supplements contain B6, as it the amount of magnesium which will be absorbed in the cells.
And most importantly, they should include the 4 cofactors: Malate, Glycinate, Taurinate and Orotate, since their absorption in the body is easy, and they also improve the function of organs in the body.
These are some of their most prominent benefits:
Magnesium Malate for the muscles:
- • Alleviates muscle fatigue;
- • Helps in case of PMS and headaches;
- • Improves digestion;
- • Treats fibromyalgia;
- • Provides energy for the body;
Magnesium Glycinate for your mind:
- • Treats depression, numbness, and crying;
- • Treats long-term deficiencies;
- • Treats hysteria, insomnia, anxiety, irritability, concentration;
- • Enhances mental clarity and relaxes the mind;
- • Reduces laxative effects and avoids diarrhea;
Magnesium Taurinate for the heart:
- • Helps the function of the heart;
- • Controls arrhythmia and heart palpitations;
- • Prevents migraines;
Magnesium Orotate for the body:
- • Stimulates the formation of DNA;
- • promotes heart health;
- • Improves performance in athletes.